Cultivating a Kingdom Lifestyle Every Day – Winter 2019
For many of us, we hear the phrase “cultivating a Kingdom Lifestyle”. While we agree with it, we honestly have no clue where to start. The best place to start is by looking to Jesus. This course will look deeply at the life of Christ, how his life examples the Kingdom and speak practically into the ways in which we can live as Christ lived. Also, recognizing that each person connected with God differently, we will be exploring traditional practices, called spiritual disciplines, that will provide you a variety of tools and methods to engage worship, prayer, and scripture in different and unique ways.
Book: “Called to Reign” by Leif Hetland
- Week 1:Introduction to the Kingdom Lifestyle.
- Practice: Worship & Study
- Week 2: Our Identity is Found in God’s Love.
- Practice: Silence, Visualization, Meditation
- Week 3: Maturing in Relationships
- Practice: Confession, Hospitality, Listening Prayer, Soaking
- Week 4: Maturing our Emotions & Transforming the Mind
- Practice: Thanksgiving, Declaration, Lectio Divina, Memorization
- Week 5: Maturing our Stewardship
- Practice: Simplicity, Time Management, Finances, Sabbath, Self Care
- Week 6: Engaging our Sphere of Influence & Living Your Purpose
- Practice: Witness, Carrying Presence
Further Reading Suggestions:
- Bickle, Mike and Candler, Dana, 2005. The Rewards of Fasting: Experiencing the Power and Affections of God. Kansas City, MI: Forerunner Books.
- Nouwen, Henri, 1981. The Way of the Heart: The Spirituality of the Desert Fathers and Mothers. New York, NY: HarperCollins Publishers.